Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Very Own Unsung Heroes

Hello, everyone, This morning (it's 3:45 a.m. local time) Toni's cousin and brother are picking us up at 10:30 in order to go for the children's medicals, and then at 2:30 p.m. we have the appointment at the Consulate for their visas. While all this gets done, at home Catherine, Gerard, and Warren are taking care of absolutely everything, starting with their younger brothers, despite being sick with a nasty stomach flu. Yes, the three of them are sick--and yet they keep on doing everything that needs to be done. A couple of days ago Catherine was running a fever above 102. Warren apparently switched from his ear infection to the stomach flu. He and Catherine got sick first, and Gerard soon followed as well. This afternoon I had a missed call on my cell phone that because of the number it came from had concerned me a little. I knew the number sounded familiar and yet couldn't really identify it. Well, as I called Gerard's cell phone a moment after I got the answer--without even asking the question. Catherine had gone to pick up Thomas and Nicholas from school because the school nurse had called to say that both of them looked sick. That had been the call I had received. The school knew that I'd be in Bulgaria this week, but still someone had dialed my number all the same. Stephen is the only one who didn't get it yet. Maximilian and Philip may not have a very pleasant start-up time at home if their first new home experience ends up being getting a nasty stomach flu.

No comments:

 

Back to TOP